A work place can contain a lot of various important documents that can put the organization in a lot of difficulty if they are lost or stolen. Just as we take security measures against thieves for our homes it is only sensible that one would ensure the same for their work place which may have just as much valuable items as much as a house would. Therefore, here are five ways you could make your office more secure:
1. Good Quality LocksLocks may be one of the most basic safety measures that one would take but it is essential that these locks are efficient at keeping unwanted intruders out. It is best that locks are installed which are of a guaranteed standard by a professional locksmith. In addition, deadlocks should be installed for added safety and also since many insurance companies require you to do so in order to offer you insurance.
2. An Alarm SystemHaving an alarm system installed will further enhance the protection of your important documents and files. Thieves tend to avoid places which have an alarm system and in case they do happen to break in, the alarm system will alert the relevant authorities who will take action. If you don’t already have one, you should get a system installed by a reputed security company.
3. Video SurveillanceAnother vital measure you should take is installing cctv security cameras Sydney at important areas around the work place. It is essential that they are set up in the appropriate angles in order to capture the essential corners and ensure that there are no blind spots. Employing a reputed company to do this for you will enable you to have efficient video surveillance of intruders.
4. Efficient Lighting Burglars and intruders feel vulnerable when there is plenty of light around the building they are trying to break into therefore it is essential that you have good lighting outside the premises. In addition, if you have CCTV security cameras installed it is essential that you have proper lighting otherwise it would be of no use when the video footage is too dark to notice or recognize anyone.
5. Safes and CabinetsHaving cabinets in the work place is a must when concerning the protection of sensitive and valuable documents. In addition to protecting hard copy documents, backups should be made of soft copies and it should be stored off-site. Last but not least, for any organizations that keep stacks of cash overnight, it is necessary to purchase a safe to store the money in, until it can be deposited in a bank.